Check out our list of common questions related to FHA mortgages. Check out our list of common questions related to FHA mortgages.
What is the FHA?
- FHA stands for the Federal Housing Administration. It was created in 1934 to help Americans get into homes.
What makes a FHA insured mortgage beneficial?
- A FHA insured mortgage is easy to qualify for, can be obtained with less than perfect credit, costs less and requires a smaller down-payment.
Where can I find FHA forms and other literature?
What is the FHA loan limit in my area?
- The loan limit across the country is different. Click here to see limits in your area.
Can I pay an FHA loan off early?
- Yes, however be sure to check the pre-payment section of your contract before signing.
Can a FHA insured loan help me lower energy costs?
- Yes, through the Energy Efficient Mortgages Program you can finance 100 percent of the cost of making your home more energy efficient. Contact us to see how.
Is there a FHA program to help me refinance my loan?
- Yes, we offer both rate/term refinance programs and cash out programs under the FHA Program. Contact us now to see what we can do for you.
Can I refinance a fixed rate FHA loan?
- Yes. Talk with one of our professionals today to see if refinancing makes sense for you.
What is the recommended debt-to-income ratio for FHA loans?
- The recommended debt-to-income ratio for a FHA loan is 30%.
Are FHA loans assumable?
- Yes, you can assume an existing FHA loan or allow a buyer to assume yours.
Will I have to pay mortgage insurance with an FHA loan?
- Yes, in fact FHA mortgages often require you to carry mortgage insurance longer than most conventional loans.
Can I get a "fixer-upper" home with a FHA mortgage?
- Yes, however you might be required to fix certain problems in the home before you can get the full loan. Our FHA 203k Rehabilitation loan is available to help you finance the repair costs. Speak with us today for details on this.